Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dragon 2000

On Thursday, February 17, 2000, Eaton Elementary went to Flint Center at De Anza College to see Dragon 2000, produced by Chinese Performing Artist. We learned that demons are afraid of lions and loud sounds and that there are over 300 different kinds of martial art techniques. The first thing the martial artists performed was called Preying mantis 32 Stars, the second was something performed with an old Chinese hammer, and the third was called Martial Arts Explosion. Before that, though, they did Lion Dance, and after the lady talked some more while the performers caught a breath for Dragon Dance. The dance was spectacular. The dragon glowed in the black light as it twisted around the stage, chasing the sun.

[My continually improving descriptive ability shows that it went to the next level between 2nd and 3rd grade. "The dragon glowed in the black light as it twisted around the stage, chasing the sun." I don't think I could improve that too much even now. This descriptive nature has become a very large part of my style and I still feel it is something that I use all the time. The next step from 3rd grade would be descriptive with stamina, being strong in my descriptions through the whole assignment instead of just a little here and there.]

1 comment:

waterfalls said...

I wish I would have been there. Sounds like it was exciting.